Thursday, May 31, 2007

Meet Our Birth Doula...

Ok, labor is still kinda far away for Casey and I, but the "reality" of it is becoming very clear to me. Needless to say I'm nervous! I know it's going to kill, but apart of me is kinda excited to experience it. To aid us in the labor experience we have hired (ok not really hired, but asked) Caylan, Casey's sister to use her doula expertise to assist us in the whole process. Caylan went through a training to be a licensed doula. A doula is basically a birthing coach. She will be there before and after Ruby's birth to help us with the whole birth and postpartum phases of labor. Check out her website for more details on her services at www.oregonbirthdoula.com . It's pretty excited what she is going to be doing for us and her little niece to be, we appreciate it so much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We want to see some belly shots!!!

cjvandenbos said...

I know... I know...I swear I will soon. I have been very busy with work and coaching. But, I'm done working next Friday so I will have so much more time and I promise I will post pictures of my belly and of Ruby's room!!!