Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Caroling





Ruby had her first caroling experience.  My parents and their friends (they like to call themselves the F.N.C, or the Friday Night Clubbers) go caroling every Christmas to elderly friends and families here in our hometown.  This year Ruby and I decide to partake in the fun.  We meet up and made festive baskets to give to the families.  The baskets had chocolates, fruit, homemade bread, sparkling cider, hot coco and tea mixes, cheese and crackers and assorted nuts.  We drove around town to 7 different homes and delivered the baskets as we sang 3 to 4 Christmas carols.  It was so so fun and the individuals just loved seeing Ruby.  Some of the recipients are pretty disabled, and some are completely home bond so us coming and sharing the Christmas spirit meant so so much to them.  My favorite stop was my grandparents house.  My grandpa loved it, he even joined in and sang with us.  What fun!  Hopefully Ruby made some good memories tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you and Ruby went out with the Friday Night Clubbers...I miss that girl!

Unknown said...

You are so nice!!