Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom...

Ok so my mom is one of those no fuss no attention type of people.  So no fuss that in fact she has NEVER...EVER had a birthday party!  So my dad had a brilliant idea to throw her a SUPER SURPRISE PARTY!  It was great... My brother, Justin and his lovely girlfriend Amanda prepared all the food, my mom's good friend and my 2nd mom Linda (funny I know) organized the drinks and cakes, and I got to decorate!  I loved it.  I thought long and hard about what color/theme to go with when I thought..."hmmm mom's never had a party before so she definitely needs a pretty pink princess party!"  Every girl must have a pretty pink party, right?  Anyway it went off without a hitch, and she was shocked!  We had a blast here are a few pics...




The set up
The entry of the birthday girl...I was recording her reaction (it's priceless)
Totally posed pic...me in the kitchen hahahaha.  I do not cook, well I can't really
Cute
Look at my cheap dollar store sign....it was totally back words.  Go figure!?  Good thing it was only a buck!
Cheese...Ruby loved the surprise
Justin hard at work grilling sweet potato fries....really yummy
It ain't a party without some wii games
injured Paul enjoying the hammock
Mark and Papa sitting by the fire
The gang 
And who can forget the cakes....the angel food cake was sooooo good!

5 comments:

mom2maya said...

Ahh this is awesome!!

Unknown said...

That's a big deal....first birthday party EVER!!

Anonymous said...

Dude you forgot to tell the best part.what she said when she was suprised..HA


caylan

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my wonderful night. Surprised does not convey how I felt. I am really blessed to have such a great family and wonderful friends. My day was so special....Building Memories forever!

Mom

scotty and crystal said...

I think the crazy birthday sign is GREAT!!!