Thursday, September 10, 2009

hey...

So it's been awhile, sorry. I guess we've been busy/lazy. Here is a quick re-cap from the last month...


(side note...I can't believe my little girl is going to be 2 in just a few weeks )
Since we blogged last Casey and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. We had a great relaxing weekend. We ate a lot and slept in!!! This pic is really old I just found it I think it was my brothers college graduation celebration. We've been together for so long! Love you babe
This last month we also took our first family camping trip. I hadn't been camping since high school so I was pretty excited. We had a ton of fun and Ruby enjoyed getting dirty. I think the experience would have been slightly better had the campground had showers and flushing toilets. We really roughed it :) Here's a couple pics. I always forgot my camera when we went down fishing. Ruby really enjoyed fishing with Daddy

Sitting around chatting..
Best Friends for Life!!
Bath time...Ruby could have lived without that. She didn't like how cold it was.
Casey and Tony's catches.
Also Casey and his dad have been super busy working on our backyard. They've put up a fence to give our dogs a little dog run area, and they've prepared the yard to plant our grass seed on Sunday. I'm super excited to have a nice level yard for Ruby and Finn to play on next summer. I'll post pics of our growing grass :)

Pregnancy is going fine. I'm ready to meet the little man. I feel like everything keeps expanding, so I'm really ready to get back in shape. Dance is keeping me super busy, but I enjoy almost every moment of it.

Ruby is growing up. She is doing really well with potty training. It's just nap and bed time that seem to be the hardest for her. It's funny she can sing her ABC's, count to 20, identify almost every object she's ever been introduced to but, she can not seem to get her colors down. It's almost comical. When asked what color something is she usually says..."green, white, purple, red.." and then looks at you like "am I right?" So cute!

4 comments:

The Guy and The Girl said...

Good update but you are missing one thing. PHOTO OF YOUR CUTE TUM!!!

Lindsey said...

Great update Jess! Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a fun time camping, I haven't been in two years and wasn't sure if this summer I would have enjoyed it, glad you were a trooper and went!

It's September now so we're both getting closer to meeting our little men!! Yippee!

Take care,
Lindsey

mom2maya said...

Remember your Dad used M&M's for Maya, she had her colors down fast!

Lavenda Memory said...

wow... camping with the little ones... what an adventure!